If you are visiting Napa Valley for the first time in a few years, welcome! You are in for a pleasant surprise. Recently named the official Wine Tasting Capital of the World, Downtown Napa has transformed into a mecca of winery tasting rooms. Within walking distance of Napa River Inn you will have access to taste some incredible and highly sought-after wines, without the need to drive to the actual grounds of the winery. We’ve listed the top 5 newest tasting room experiences that we think are a must when visiting the downtown Napa district.
1. Krupp Brothers is primed and ready to launch their new “Summer Nights” wine tasting course lineup. On alternating Tuesdays, their wine educators will host interactive classes focusing on different topics that aim to hone your wine tasting skills. Perks include enjoying some beautiful wines in-depth, while simultaneously developing your wine knowledge. An exciting educational experience not to miss while you are visiting Napa, “Summer Nights” begins August 2nd at 6:30 p.m. with “The Art of Food and Wine Pairing. Sip and savor a variety of charcuterie bites and taste how food and wine play together.” For details and reservations give the tasting room a call directly or visit https://www.kruppbrothers.com/Visit-Us/Tasting-Room.
Krupp Brothers Tasting Room 714 1st Street, Napa 707.266.1233
2. Chateau Buena Vista is one of the most historic wineries in the area, whose downtown tasting room opened its doors earlier this year. Chateau Buena Vista’s new location is geared to delight and surprise with luxurious experiences designed to propel your senses into overdrive. In partnership with Earth & Sky Chocolates, the winery offers several tasting options including “The Ultimate Indulgence” ($200 per guest), an experience that will spoil you with ultimate luxury, as you embark on a Champagne, Caviar, Cabernet and Chocolate tasting. Opulent to the core, Chateau Buena Vista’s new tasting room is a Napa Valley highlight that you will certainly never forget. For details and reservations give the tasting room a call directly or visit https://buenavistawinery.com/chateau-buena-vista-napa/
Chateau Buena Vista Tasting Room 1142 First Street, Napa 707-703-5677
3. Vineyard 29 is celebrating their one-year anniversary of its Napa tasting room location this summer! In 2021 when it opened the posh, exquisitely appointed lounge on First Street after several years at the Oxbow Market, it raised the bar for tasting rooms in the downtown district. Here you can sip highly-acclaimed wines in a relaxed environment, and experience the exclusivity of a cult winery, with convenience and accessibility. They offer a tasting of their library wines which for a premier producer like V29 is a rare opportunity. If you’re looking for a classy and stylish ambiance to indulge in elegantly crafted wine, this is the one you don’t want to miss! For details and reservations give the tasting room a call directly or visit https://vineyard29.com/visit/vineyard-29-tasting-room-in-downtown-napa/
Vineyard 29 Tasting Room 1300 First Street, Suite 305, Napa 707-967-5405
4. Vintner’s Collective is a unique tasting room located in a sandstone building dating back to 1875 on Napa’s Main Street. At various moments in time, the building served a mixed bag of purposes; as a brewery and saloon with a bordello on the second floor, as a Chinese laundry and even as a chick hatchery! Today, the second floor is where guests are guided through tastings of vintner member selections, whose wines are as varied as the building’s history. They offer a few different tasting options, but their “Ultimate Cult Wine Indulgence with Chocolate” is the piece de resistance, where you will taste highly sought after, limited production wines from some of the most renowned winemakers in the valley. Paired with gourmet chocolates, you will feel that you are on the cusp of something special and fabulous while indulging here. For details and reservations give the tasting room a call directly or visit https://www.vintnerscollective.com/taste
Vintner’s Collective 1245 Main Street, Napa 707-255-7150
5. Feast it Forward is a tasting room collective situated across from the Oxbow Public Market. It features an experiential showroom known as The Studio in addition to an event-based space out back called The Yard, where weekly events and experiences are constantly popping up! Every weekend, the Summer Wineland series includes guest vintners pouring their wines, food trucks are on-site for your enjoyment and there is always music pumping throughout the space. There are often classes being held, live music shows and occasional cooking demonstrations. Whether you prefer to stop by to enjoy a casual tasting flight of wines or buy a bottle to sip on while lounging in one of Feast it Forward’s stylishly curated nooks, there is something for everyone here. For upcoming event information or reservations, give the tasting room a call directly or visit https://feastitforward.com/pages/visit-us
Feast it Forward 1031 McKinstry Street, Napa 707-819-2403