Laurie’s “Top 6” Things to Do in Napa Valley
1) Leave the driving and planning to others: ask your concierge to arrange winery tours and tastings so you can enjoy your journey through scenic Napa Valley safely and comfortably.
2) Bike the Silverado Trail, or take a leisurely scenic drive. The Silverado Trail runs parallel to and connects at many crossroads over Highway 29. You will see stunning winery architecture, vineyards filled with mustard blooms (in spring) or fiery red foliage in fall. In the early morning hours, sometimes you can spy as many as 10 hot air balloons floating like Christmas ornaments over the Valley.
3) Treat yourself to a spa experience here at The Spa at Napa River Inn.
4) Have fun and learn about various small-production wineries and local artisans at Napa General Store, a hidden gem of the neighborhood. The owners pick out all the wonderful Napa Valley gift items -- you can do some serious souvenir hunting here. And don't forget, lunch or breakfast on the back patio over the river. One of the best places in downtown for mimosas.
5) Stock up on gourmet souvenirs at Oxbow Public Market, where every gift is one you’ll want to purchase for yourself! Linens, spices, chocolates, olive oils and vinegars, books, coffee and gourmet kitchen pantry goodies!
6) Ride the historic, beautifully preserved and renovated rail cars of the Napa Valley Wine Train. Advance reservations are highly recommended. (We can help you with that.)
Bonus! ) Music abounds at Silo’s, Uptown Theater, and Blue Note Café. Catch a show at one of these intimate venues with first class and local musician offerings.